A new key visual (above), a new trailer (below), and a nine new cast members have all been revealed for Record of Grancrest War (known as Grancrest Senki in Japan), an upcoming TV anime adaptation based on the series of fantasy light novels written by Ryo Mizuno (Record of Lodoss War) and illustrated by Miyū.
The new cast members announced for Record of Grancrest War include:
- Yuichi Nakamura as Irvine.
- Reina Ueda as Aishela.
- Satoshi Hino as Lassic David.
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Moreno Dortous.
- Natsumi Takamori as Priscilla.
- Ai Kayano as Marrine Kreische.
- Takahiro Sakurai as Villar Constance.
- Wataru Hatano as Mirza Cooches.
- And Yūichi Iguchi as Alexis Deux.
The original Record of Grancrest War novels are published by Fujimi Shobo (a division of Kadokawa) under their Fujimi Fantasia Bunko imprint. The story of the series follows Theo, a knight, and Shiruka, a magician, as they seek the emperor's holy seal (the titular "Grancrest") in an effort to bring peace to their war-torn land.
The Record of Grancrest War TV anime is directed by Mamoru Hatakeyama (aka Shinichi Omata) and features animation by A-1 Pictures. Record of Grancrest War will begin its Japanese broadcast in January of 2018.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.