A new key visual (below) and additional cast announcements have been revealed for Konohana Kitan, an upcoming TV anime based on the supernatural seinen manga by Sakuya Amano about a group of fox-spirits tending to a hot springs resort at the boundary between the human world and the spirit world.
The new cast members announced include:
- Sawako Hata as Satsuki, a fox-spirit who trains Yuzu and acts as her senior. Satsuki has a strong sense of responsibility and a serious personality, and she dreams of becoming a shrine maiden one day.
- Ayaka Suwa as Natsume, a boyish fox-spirit who wears men's clothing and talks using masculine pronouns. Natsume is bright and cheerful, but also inconsiderate of others' feelings.
- Risa Kubota as Ren, a fox-spirit who outwardly strives to be beautiful and graceful. Internally, Ren is often filled with spiteful thoughts.
- Ai Kakuma as Sakura, a young, quiet, and extremely curious fox-spirit who is always wandering around. Sakura uses her fox-spirit magic to perform ordinary chores such as cleaning and housework.
- And Manami Numakura as Kiri, the head caretaker at the Konohana-tei hot springs inn. Kiri is a shrew character who enjoys smoking her pipe and drinking sake, but she also cares deeply about the other fox-spirits who work at the inn.
In Konohana Kitan, Yuzu is a fox-spirit who abandoned as a kit and was found and raised by a human nun. In order to broaden her knowledge, she works as a caretaker at Konohana-tei, a luxurious hot springs inn at the boundary between the human world and the spirit world, where she has many interesting encounters with visiting gods and spirits.
The original Konohana Kitan manga is serialized in Gentosha's Monthly Comic Birz seinen manga magazine. Further details about the production (such as the staff and the release date) have not yet been revealed.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.