Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Why I’m Disappointed With Next Gen Gaming – Article


Why I’m Disappointed With Next Gen Gaming – Article



We’re in the next generation of gaming, right? At least that’s what we’re told, but I don’t feel like we’re in the next generation to be honest with you. New hardware doesn’t just offer prettier graphics, smoother performance, and new innovations, but more content, and we have not really seen any of those things come to fruition so far.


That isn’t to say the major games released thus far are bad, but they aren’t exactly mind blowing or revolutionary either. Now, you may be content with this and say, “It’s not a big deal. I don’t mind” which is fine, it’s your prerogative, but I do care. If I drop over $400 on new hardware, not including new games and subscription based services that are pretty much mandatory, I expect new experiences. If this is the “next generation” of gaming, it should feel like nothing we’ve ever seen before. That’s what it’s been like every other console generation, but I honestly don’t feel that way anymore. My optimism for this generation has faded with disappointment after disappointment and, to be honest with you, I have some buyers’ remorse and I imagine some of you do too.



Before you read this article, it’s important you understand that I love video games with a passion. It’s my favourite pastime and I’m never going to stop playing video games, despite the current state of this console generation. It’s also important to understand that I’m making no exceptions. I’m disappointed by the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Wii U, so this isn’t criticism of a specific company or console, but all of them.


This is an excerpt from the full story which was originally featured on gamrReview, read the full version here – Why I’m Disappointed With Next Gen Gaming – Article

Read more here: gamrReview

No comments:

Post a Comment