Monday, June 30, 2014

American Publishes Memoir of Working in Japanese Manga Industry


American Publishes Memoir of Working in Japanese Manga Industry



There aren’t that many Americans who have worked in the Japanese manga industry, especially on the creative side. A few of the names that come to mind are Jamie Lynn Lano, Eisner winner Paul Pope, Peepo Choo author Felipe Smith. Lano, who worked as assistant to creator of The Prince of Tennis Takeshi Konomi and wrote about it on her Living Tall in Japan blog, has now published a book about the experience.



The Princess of Tennis: My year working in Japan as an assistant manga artist is now available in paperback and Kindle eBook.


Lano introduces the memoir


This book is the true, unfiltered, raw story of the two years that I spent working for one of the most successful manga artists in Japan. When I began, I was just a fan, who barely spoke comprehensible Japanese, a hapless yaoi fangirl thrust headlong into the inside world of making a bestselling manga.


I was excited, of course, but I could never have anticipated all of the tears and tribulations that this job poured on me. Not in a million years.




—–
Scott Green is editor and reporter for anime and manga at geek entertainment site Ain’t It Cool News. Follow him on Twitter at @aicnanime.


Read more here: Crunchy Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment