Monday, May 26, 2014

Canadian Anison Singer HIMEKA Gives Up Her Career in Japan


Canadian Anison Singer HIMEKA Gives Up Her Career in Japan



After her contract with 5pb. Records was expired as of April 1, 32-year-old Canadian anison singer HIMEKA has been looking for a new label in Japan. Unfortunately, she reported yesterday on her official Twitter that she will have to return to her home country Canada on June 9. She previously reported on April 10 that she would have no choice but to go home at the beginning of May if she couldn’t find a new agency. She says,



“I really don’t want to report this with much pain, but I will have to return to Canada in two weeks on June 9. I appreciate for my 6-year life and 5-year activity as a professional singer in Japan from the bottom of my heart. I was able to make a lot of friends, and my fans have always supported me. Thank you very much. I’ll continue doing my best at music with another way.”



Quebec-born Catherine St. Onge won the Second Annual Animax Anison Grand Prix in 2008 and made


her debut as a professional anison singer HIMEKA in Japan with 1st single “Asu eno Kizuna” (Valkyria


Chronicles OP) in May 2009. Then her 2nd single “Hatenaki Michi” was featured as the ED theme for


Tegami Bachi TV anime (2009-2010), and the 3rd singe “Mirai he …” was as the ED for Night Raid 1931 (2010).


After releasing the three singles and one original album “himekanvas” (November 2011) from Sony Music


Entertainment Japan, she moved to 5pb.Records in 2012, then released 4th single “Where I belong” in


October of the year and 5th single “Kagiriaru Yume” in November 2013.



HIMEKA




“Where I belong” short PV



Source: HIMEKA’s official Twitter



© 5pb.Records




Read more here: Crunchy Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment