Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Recording Artist Ayumi Hamasaki Reveals She's Becoming Completely Deaf

Japanese recording artist/model/actress Ayumi Hamasaki has posted a message, explaining that her long battle with hearing loss has taken a serious turn. In 2000, Hamasaki returned to touring after contracting an ear infection that doctors said required rest an reduced exposure to loud noise recover from.  This lead to gradually reduced hearing in her left ear, which was diagnosed as permanent in 2008. Hamasaki has now shared on her Team Ayu site that she has begun to lose hearing in her right ear, which will lead to complete deafness. 

 

JPopAsia translates...

"I was told after various hearing tests that my right ear (which has been working overtime to compensate for the deafness of my left ear) is quickly weakening," she said.

 

Just before the start of this year's tour, the singer had been experiencing vertigo and sickness.

"I was experiencing crippling dizziness. I was unable to walk in a straight line, and was often vomiting in the restroom while at the rehearsal studio," she said.

 

With her complete deafness becoming a reality, Hamasaki has been struggling to cope with how to move forward with life after spending the majority of it as a pop superstar.

 

"I remember wondering how would I as a singer be able to cope with two useless ears. I was in the dark," she said.

 

 via JPopAsia

-------

Scott Green is editor and reporter for anime and manga at geek entertainment site Ain't It Cool News. Follow him on Twitter at @aicnanime.

No comments:

Post a Comment