A new trailer has been published that explores the dark and potentially deadly dream-worlds of 18if, an upcoming TV anime based on a smart phone game by Mobcast. The trailer highlights the otherworldly opening theme of the series, "Red Doors feat. Yoshikazu Mera", by TeddyLoid.
Additionally, the voice actors for "11 witches" have been announced, including:
- Natsuki Kamikawa (voiced by Misato Fukuen).
- Yurina Kanzaki (voiced by Nao Tōyama).
- Airi Kojima (voiced by Ai Kakuma).
- Mirei Saegusa (voiced by Azumi Asakura).
- Yuko Sakurabe (voiced by Aya Endo).
- Kayo Sugisaki (voiced by Nao Tamura).
- Sono (voiced by Fumiko Orikasa).
- Nene (voiced by Inori Minase).
- Mana Hashida (voiced by Yu Shimamura).
- Misaki (voiced by Emi Nitta).
- And ??? (voiced by Shiho Nanba).
18if is set in the world of dreams, in an unconscious realm between sleeping and waking formed of hopes, desires, and fears. The protagonist, Haruto, is always trying to nap in his own room, but he accidentally enters the dreams of other sleeping people. One day, he ends up trapped in the dream of a witch who wishes to escape reality, a condition called "Sleeping Beauty Sickness". Will Haruto be able to find the exit and return to the waking world?
18if is directed by Akira Nishimori and others and features animation by GONZO. The series will broadcast on Tokyo MX beginning on July 07, 2017, with a later broadcasts to follow on AT-X beginning on July 08, 2017, and on BS Fuji beginning on July 10, 2017. 18if has also been licensed for distribution in North America by Funimation.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.